Inspect Your Car Thoroughly for Existing Damage Before Shipping
Check for and document any pre-existing damage. You can do this in a few easy steps:
- Thoroughly wash your car.
- Make a written record of any chips, dents, scratches or other cosmetic damage.
- Take pictures of the car from several angles as well as close-up shots of any damage.
- Date the photographs and written record.
- Verify that the transporter makes an official note in addition to your personal records.
Vehicle Pickup Checklist
- Make sure your car is fully prepared for transport
- Arrive on time to meet your transporter at the agreed-upon location, or assign an authorized representative to release your vehicle.
- Notify your transporter about any existing mechanical issues
- Provide the driver with any special instructions (turning off car alarm, Clutch gets stuck, etc.)
- Note the odometer reading
- Vehicle should have no more than 1/4th of a tank of gas
- Exchange accurate contact information with driver
- Verify the driver’s inspection report/bill of lading performed on your vehicle at the time of pickup before signing
- Read all the terms and conditions before signing the inspection report/bill of lading from the driver
- Provide the driver with one set of all keys, remote controls needed for the vehicle
Vehicle Delivery Checklist
- Check odometer for major discrepancies
- Inspect vehicle for new damage
- Check the undercarriage
- In case of damage, ensure the new damage is noted on the inspection report/bill of lading and begin the claims process immediately
- Sign bill of lading to complete transaction
- Leave feedback about the carrier on Horizonautoshipping.com or with the Traffic Coordinator handling your shipment